It’s no secret to anyone that I have a love affair with Birmingham. I love eating its food, and doing all its things, enjoying all the home grown beer and watching the city grow. So it’s no surprise that I also love the Birmingham makers! There are some super talented folks in this city!
- Daks spices – all no salt, all delicious. We usually pick ours up at Pepper Place farmers market, but you can also buy at the link above. Perfect gift for the cook/griller in your life.
- Aviate – I’m sure you’ve seen these hats all over the place. Birmingham born, they’ve got the airport abbreviation hats in pretty much every city you can think of, not just BHM. They also have a few tshirts of the same design.
- Cahabones – These things are great for the dog people in your life. She uses spent grains from the breweries in Birmingham, adding that extra local touch. She even puts out special holiday flavors.
- Susan Gorden pottery – Not only does she make these beautiful jewelry dishes ( I own one!), she also makes incredible earrings (also, that I own!). They are gorgeous and make the perfect addition to any girl’s jewelry collection.
- Great Bear Wax Co – My favorite scent is the Tobacco Bay one, but they have many. They smell so good, and last for a good long while. Bonus? They were featured in Joanna Gaines’ home, so you know they’re legit. Plus everyone loves a good candle.
- Saw’s Sauce – You pretty much can’t come to Birmingham without someone telling you that you need to go to Saws for BBQ. They are hailed as the best BBQ in Birmingham, and I happen to agree. So what better gift than the actual sauce that they use? Again, perfect for the griller dads/boyfriends/husbands in your life.
- Yellow Hammer Creative – Know someone else who is super proud of living in Birmingham? Perhaps they need the above T-shirt or a print with the saying. I own a tank top and a print, and the tank is super comfortable, and I love how the print makes guests feel welcome to my city.
- Chocolata chocolates – Need a gift for hostess? Or something to take to a neighbor or leave in the mailbox for your mailman? Definitely head into the store front on 2nd Ave N in downtown Birmingham to stock up! They are right across the street from my office, and if you’re in there shopping, make sure you get a cup of sipping chocolate for yourself while you browse. SO good.
- Jennifer’s Kitchen – A few years ago, they were so gracious to send me a few jars of jelly/jams to try, and they were delicious. Bennett loved their spicy jams – and how cute would these be in a gift box?
Do you shop local for gifts? Let me know your favorites – I love supporting small and local businesses!