I’ve seen a lot of folks saying good riddance to 2017, for whatever reasons they may have. And while I’m glad that I survived the first year of a Trump presidency (barely), there were quite a few good things that happened in this household this year. I’m not doing a picture recap, but some of our 2017 highlights.
- Participating in the Women’s March in Atlanta
- Taking boogs to New Orleans for his first trip there – and then we took him on another one.
- Spending a good friend’s 30th birthday in Las Vegas.
- Spending a week trouncing through Iceland and Denmark.
- Read more books this year than I have in the last five years.
- Watched my kiddo turn 2 years old and really start developing into his personality.
- Running 2 sub-30 minute 5ks, and one 15k.
- One trip to Kansas.
- One Packers game won in Chicago.
- 3 trips to the beach.
- 8 years of marriage celebrated.
- Voted for and then watched Doug Jones win a Senate seat in Alabama.
- A dozen or more new restaurants eaten at in Birmingham.
I’m not setting a word for 2018. My word for 2017 was Grace, and I was anything but that.
In 2018, I want to cook more; read more; spend more time with my boogs; have more date nights; add a new bathroom to our house; get better at my job; save more money; take better care of myself; eat more good food.
We are having a Mexican themed New Years Eve (complete with pork tamale casserole, sopapilla cheesecake and margaritas) and probably passing out before midnight. I wish you all a very happy new year!