Last weekend, I got to have a fun little trip to Lake Martin — it was supposed to rain all day, but ended up being completely beautiful. So I came up with a few rules to an awesome lake day.
1. Always make sure you have plenty of beverages on board the boat. A cooler is preferable. If your host makes you Lake Martin lemonade for the journey…..even better.
2. Make sure to bring your terrified of everything dog onto the boat. If only to get shots like these…
3. Make sure to sit back and just enjoy the scenery for a minute. Think about things..even if it’s just, “when is it appropriate to get up and get another drink?” or if you want to ponder ways to end world hunger, that’s cool too.
4. Always listen to captain’s orders.
5. Pay your respects to a great man. And perhaps take a leap of faith right above his number. (sorry for the blurry — I really wanted to see Lutzie’s makeshift lake memorial)
6. Always make sure to have good food around. Enough so you end up with a shot like this. I mean it has to be good if all the dogs are begging for it, right?
What are your most favorite things to do at the lake?