In case I haven’t mentioned it, I turn thirty on Saturday.
I started looking through a lot of posts about people doing thirty things before they turn thirty. A lot of them are very introspective and things that make the world a much happier place.
And decided I was probably never going to come up with thirty things that I would actually do.
Except on a weekend. In New Orleans.
So here you have it folks…
My Thirty on Thirty.
1. Have a banana daiquiri
2. Get my tattoo.
3. Get my picture taken with the Hand Grenade Person.
4. Take the street car to Cooter Browns.
5. Visit a New Orleans cemetery.
6. Buy a daisy, put it in the river for the victims of Hurricane Katrina.
7. Go to Tipitinas.
8. Buy street art at Jackson Square.
9. Eat chicken at Willie Mae’s.
10. Get picture with cash register guy at Vieux Carre Pizza.
11. See New Orleans Brass Band.
12. Go to WWII museum.
13. Go to Vaughns.
14. Go to Ninth Ward.
15. Get a drink at French 75.
16. Get a drink at Snake and Jakes.
17. Have a unique po’boy.
18. Bowl a strike at Rock N Bowl.
19. Have an absinthe at the Old Absinthe House.
20. Have a beignet from a place we haven’t been to yet.
21. Take ferry to Algiers and have a beer (bonus points if dogs are there and get a picture)
22. Get a stranger to reply War Eagle.
23. Buy defend New Orleans shirt at favorite clothing store.
24. Play a slot machine at Harrahs.
25. Enjoy snow in New Orleans
26. Have a prohibition drink at Bar Tonique.
27. Walk through Louis Armstrong Park
28. Buy a 2014 Christmas Ornament.
29. Have a drink at Checkpoint Charlie’s.
30. Tip a street performer I haven’t seen.
|Puppy passed out on the floor of Crown & Anchor in Algiers.|