(linking up with Kristen)
- Last night S woke up with a fever – not a high one, just around 100 and had thrown up, not a lot of throw up, just enough to make you want to throw up though. We were doing throw up laundry at 2am, giving him some orange juice, holding him and singing songs. He eventually went back to sleep after five minutes of crying in the crib – woke up this morning, no fever and happy as a clam. YES! We dodged the flu bullet!
- I have the Mercedes half marathon next Sunday the 11th. To be honest, I haven’t trained very hard for it, have done very few long runs, and am sort of using Orange Theory as my training. My only goal is to do it in less time than I did my first one which was 2.5 hours on the dot. B said him and boogs would be waiting for me at the finish line, waiting to go get a delicious breakfast. Motivation enough for me.
- Work has been somewhat of a nightmare for me this week. I have been thrown onto a bunch of accounts, expected to learn to run them in a week via email, as well as all the rest of my duties. I don’t bring up my work often on this blog, but it has seriously dragged me down this week – to the point of taking it out on boogs yesterday. I apologized to him, but he’s 2, so you know – not sure how it took. I absolutely cannot ever let work get me to that point again. I felt and still feel horrible about it.
- I have done really good with the limiting drinking to the weekend. This is the third week that B and I have been going strong with it – and if I’m honest with myself it’s really not that hard. During the week, I get most of the bad vibes out at Orangetheory and don’t need a drink when I get home.
- B and I daydream daily about moving to New Orleans – it is our dream to one day be living in the city that means so much to us. Every time we come home from a trip there, it just intensifies. I can’t wait for the day where we can have a fridge full of banana daiquiri, endless options for things to do, sitting on a front porch watching Mardi Gras parades or second lines – it’s nice to have a dream, right?
- My sister and I are taking a trip to San Francisco in May – send any and all recommendations my way! Or my sister’s way – she’s bomb at doing the itineraries, so she’s stuck with it.
Please send me all the caffeine today as I try to power through – I cannot wait for this week to be over.