- There has been so much going on lately that the blog posts have been scarce. I wish I had the time to sit and write a post every day, but I just don’t.
- I got my evaluation back from the judge at the competition. Aaaaaaaaand….it was mostly good which was a pleasant surprise. Since there were few students who entered, she actually took the time to evaluate all of us and give us some feedback. I need posture in the rhythm, and I need to stop hating on my tall body and long lanky arms.
- I sometimes miss the people I used to work with. There are a few there that I really do miss seeing every day. They know who they are.
- Our hydrangeas have found new life in our flower bed!! And apparently we have pink hydrangea soil, since our blue ones have now turned pink.
- I want time to sit and wonder about things. The picture below was taken at Red Rock in Vegas. It was so beautiful there, being surrounded by nature. I know that I am not exactly dressed for a walk down the rocks, but I did it. Flip flops and all. Plus there were two German girls in skirts doing the exact same thing. If they can do it, then so could I! So I did!!!
The Four Queens Casino.
The view down Fremont Street. You can see the dome-like thing built above. They did a light show on this at some point in time during the night. It was neat, but I really wish they would have left this street alone. They also pedestrian-ized it, so you can walk up and down this street with no fear of getting hit by cars.
The cowgirl. I can’t find out where my picture of the iconic cowboy went. I’m a little upset about that, too. Hubs has a black and white that was taken by his grandpa from back in the day downstairs, and it would have been pretty awesome to have those side by side.
Some other fun things about Fremont Street:
- You can zipline straight through the middle of it. We didn’t do it, mainly because it cost a pretty penny, but it did look fun.
- Miller Lite Cans, 2 for $4.
- Street food vendors. Yummmmmm.
- Cute little street vendors with little treasures to sell.
It was so much fun. A trip to Vegas should definitely include a trip to Fremont Street!!