This weekend I had set aside some time to bake some Christmas cookies. Usually I’ll throw some in a cute little bag and tie a ribbon around them and distribute them to my coworkers, and send a few to work with B, because, well who the heck doesn’t love cookies?
I also can’t believe that there are really only three days left until Christmas. How insane is that? This month has flown by — and I’m sure that before I know it, it’ll be January 4th, and I’ll be 31. (YIKES).
Anyway, onto the cookies. I made the standard chocolate chip cookies and sugar cookies (which I think B had way too much fun decorating), and then Peanut Butter Blossoms with Hershey Kisses:
For these you’ll need:
– 48 Hershey’s Kisses
* 1/2 cup shortening
* 3/4 cup peanut butter ( I used 1/2 cup and it was fine — didn’t know I was so low on PB)
* 1/3 cup sugar ( I used 1/2)
* 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 2 tablespoons milk
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* Additional sugar
– Preheat oven to 375, and remove wrappers.
– Mix all ingredients together in a mixer (screw that dry into wet, it honestly didn’t matter).
– Once it’s all stiff, roll dough into 1 inch balls.
– Roll dough into additional sugar.
– Bake 8-10 mins or until lightly browned. Immediately press Hershey Kiss into cookie — edges will crack. Put on wire rack to cool. Should make around 48 cookies. (It made about 44 for me, which is still a crazy amount of cookies).
These things are ridiculously delicious, and they remind me of my Mom’s Christmas cookie baking.
Here’s a few other pictures of the cookies. We also had a fun little date with decorating sugar cookies — please see if you can figure out who’s was whos.
Hopefully everyone had a fun weekend! Only three more sleeps till Christmas!